As a bride, one of the last things on your mind is where you will be getting dressed.
I know. I have been there.
Yet as a wedding photographer, I know the importance of great getting ready photos and what it takes to achieve them.
I wanted to share this with you so that you could make an educated choice on where to get ready with your girls! Lord knows, that is going to be a blast and a half!
- Find a room with neutral wall color.
- The bright purple Sunday School room probably isn't the best option. :)
- A room with great window light.
- Your dad's basement should probably be marked off of your list of possibles. :) Great window light helps your photos to have a soft airy feel and look less like a dungeon. No bride wants anything looking "dungeon-esce" on her wedding day!
- An area around those windows that is clear of clutter.
- As your photographer, I make sure that your photos do not have distracting elements that take away from your photos. However, this is just good information when choosing a getting ready location.
- A room with space to have your ladies.
- Choosing a room that is too small will make your bridesmaids look cramped and uncomfortable in your images. To remedy that, find a room of moderate size that will fit the needs of your bridal party.
That's it. Whether your wedding is in a church, house, or barn, you can use these tips to get the best out of your getting ready photos with your girl squad!
Love and Laughter,